HEADER - DO NOT TOUCH

First Week Over!

 

We made it!The first week just flew by... The students have settled well into their routines and are beginning to adjust to back to school. We spent the week getting to know each other and learning about the classroom and school expectations. 

Blog Updates- I will try and post updates weekly to my blog so that you know what we are learning in class. It is best to check to blog daily to see photos of your child throughout the day and to see some of the activities that are happening in class. I will try my best to update weekly and I would also like your feedback as to what you would like me to add to the blog. Thank you to those parents who have already signed up through the REMIND app. This is a great way for me to communicate with you. You will also see my Twitter feed, that I will try to do my very best to keep updated as well. Sometimes, actually most of the time, the day just flies by and I realize I haven't taken any pics. I hope you got to see the pics of your child with week on their first day of school.

As we head into our second week of school, we are beginning our math focus on growth mindset, as well as Patterning. We plan to start our patterning strand this coming week. Please communicate with your child as to what they are learning about. We will be using Hapara as a place to store alot of our work, so I encourage you to check this out. 

Meet the Teacher Night is scheduled for September 22, 2022. During this evening I will show you how the workspace works and where it is located. 

Language- In language we will begin to discuss finding just "Right" books at our reading level. Students will be encouraged to take book out from the library and practice reading nightly. Our first focus on writing is proper paragraph format.

I wish you a great week ahead!
Your partner in education
A. Porcari